Our Lord abode in the God's love by keeping His commandments and we too can abide in Jesus' love by keeping His commandments.
What are Jesus commandments?
- Love one another: John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- Your light shines before men: Mat 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
- Reconcile with your brethren: Mat 5:23-24 "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."
- Turn your other cheek: Mat 5:39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also."
- Give to those who ask you: Mat 5:42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away."
- Love your enemies: Mat 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
- Bless those who hate you;
- Do good to those who hate you;
- Pray for those who spitefully use you;
- and those who persecute you;
- Be perfect: Mat 5:48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."
- Forgive men their trespasses: Mat 6:14-15 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
- Do not lay treasures on earth: Mat 6:19-20a "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,"
- Cannot serve two masters: Mat 6:24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."
- Seek first the kingdom of God: Mat 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
- Do not judge your brother: Mat 7:1-2 "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."
- Do also to others: Mat 7:12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Beware of false prophets: Mat 7:15-16a "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits."
Brethren, and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. (1John 3:22)