When we love the Lord by keeping His commands, He will give us the Spirit of truth, Who will abide in us forever (or baptism of the Holy Spirit) and then we will begin to testify for Him.
Filled with the Holy Spirit
Act 8:15-17 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
When we baptize (Mat 28:19-20) or pray for a brethren, he will receive the Holy Spirit as the seal of redemption or be filled with the Holy Spirit manifesting His gifts e.g tongues, prophecies, healings, etc. (1Cor 12:7-11).
Baptism of the Holy Spirit
John 14:15-17a “If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you."
But when our Lord prays to the Father for us because we love Him, we will be baptized by the Holy Spirit (the Helper or the Spirit of truth), Who will abide with us forever.
Act 1:5 "for John truly baptized with water, but *you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
Act 1:8a "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you;"
With the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the disciples will be filled with His knowledge, understanding, wisdom, truth, power, etc. and they will also bear the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23).
- Boldness preaching the gospel: Act 1:8b "and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- Understand all things: John 14:26a c "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things"
- Recall His words, events, etc.: John 14:26b "and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." He will help us to recall all His scriptures, teachings, commands, words, etc. whenever needed.
- Know (guided into) all truth: John 16:13a "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth" Having a good understanding of Scriptures, His attributes, words, works, ways, wisdom, will, etc.
- Will be able to hear from God: John 16:13b "for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak;" God will speak to us through the Holy Spirit, and He will not speak nor prophesy apart from the Word of God.
- Know the things to come: John 16:13c "and He will tell you things to come." He will teach us end time signs for our understanding, and also show us future events
- Free from worldliness and sin: John 8:31-32 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Brethren, all those baptized in the Holy Spirit, will be led by the Spirit and they will glorify His name for everyone will see Christ in them.